Meeting commenced at: 1.30 pm
Zoe Amarilli welcomed those present to our Eighth AGM
Amarilli, Pamela Beardsmith, Nichola Ryan, Anne Minshall, Mandy Royer,
Charis White, Linda Davison, Sally Lee, Chris Hazel, Kaz Winn, Chris
Winn, Hilary Dean, Mandy Mcconnell, Sarah Green, Roger Hendrickson,
3. Apologies for absence
4. Minutes of the seventh AGM held at the LandRover Experience Solihull Sunday 3rd March at 2pm
Stationary and postage were both down as now using email more. Travel costs were up but a cheque that should have been cashed in 2012 wasn’t cashed till very late so had to be included in 2013 costs.
We have new members due to a lot of kitten owners being introduced- We have nearly 50 members but need to keep 50 members to ensure a GCCF delegate.
Pam explained that all members not renewed by the AGM would be considered as lapsed members and a rejoining fee would apply. This had been published in the newsletter.
Anne Minshall restanding as secretary- no other candidates- re-elected
Proposer Zoe Amarilli, Seconder Pam Beard Smith
A closed ballot was held as 4 candidates for 3 places- Sheena Nicholls, Corinne Bromley, Sally Lee, and Chris Hazel. Each gave a brief resume and Corinne who was unable to attend through illness supplied a written resume which was read out by Mandy Royer.
Results of closed Ballot:
Chris Hazel 14, Sally Lee 14, Corinne Bromley 12 and Sheena Nicholls 4.
The chairman was unable to vote and not all voters used all of their 3 votes.
The Committee for 2014 remains unchanged with a balance of cat owners and cat breeders.
Reserve Delegate Pam Beard Smith - proposed Sally Lee, seconded Charis White
There is to be a new rule about behaviour at shows to stamp out any verbal abuse and aggressive and unacceptable behaviour. It is also thought that issues arising from social media will also be addressed.
10. BAC Matters and BAC delegates
We have 4 probationer Judges- DR Peter Collins, Rosemary Fisher, Steve Crow and Pamela Beard Smith.
- Stephen McConnell applied but couldn’t be appointed as at the time was not a full judge on the British list- It is assumed he will reapply at next BAC meeting.
We have 2 stewards-Ian Macro and Maggie Waugh
Linda Davison, proposed Pam Beard Smith, seconded Charis White
Sally and Chris will do the banners as in previous years, Zoe the badges and certificates. We are having no overall Best of the Best, just a special rosette for Best in Show.
- It is to try and help judges understand better what they were looking for in a Selkirk Rex. That a Persian or British looking Selkirk Rex should be discouraged.
- Question was asked by Mandy Mconnell re the lh/sh split – Corinne Bromley is keeping a record of all lhs/shs out showing – As so few Selkirks are on the show circuit this is not likely to happen till numbers increase.
- Sarah Green asked about variants being shown as a breed. It was explained we would have to go through the same procedure as we did to get Selkirks promoted to Championship and there weren’t sufficient numbers of ordinary Selkirks never mind variants being shown.
- London Pet Show was mentioned and what a great success it was, we will be looking into sending Selkirks gain this year. Anne Minshall will liaise with Anne Gregory as Carol Walker is interested in going gain.
- We are reducing the club awards to Overall Selkirk, Best Adult, Best Kitten, Best Neuter, Best Longhaired, Best Shorthaired, Best Ped Pet. It was agreed the Suzanne Le Good trophies would be kept and recycled as we were missing some trophies for the awards.
The Chairman asked several times whether there were any other concerns people had about the Selkirk Rex Breed or any other business.
There being no other concerns about the Selkirk Rex Breed or any other business the meeting was declared closed.
Late February / March -
- Chairman Signed ………………………………………… Date……………………
- Proposed ………………………..
- Seconded ……………………….